Home Bargains recently decide to extend their existing store in Alfreton into a disused store next door.
The existing store was in the region of 1000m2, with the extended store running to nearly 2000m2 with a car park to the roof.
Of immediate concern were cracks in the rear wall of the building over the delivery bays.
We had an immediate call to site to install Acro Super props to take the weight of the car park above in this area.
We continued from that point for approximately 6 months carrying out various remedial works, including;
- Re-building delivery bay walls
- Removal of lift shaft from car park level to ground floor Construction of temporary roof covering for resultant hole
- Crash deck scaffolding erected to underside of resultant hole
- Infill of resultant hole left from lift shaft to engineers specifications Relaying car park covering
- Re marking car parking bays
- General repairs to worn areas of the car park
- Removal of block wall to create single shop unit
- Removal of external staircase to car park
- Re-instatement of new staircase to meet current regulations Installation of Armco Barrier to delivery bays
- Pointing up of all external walls to existing and extended store Extending concrete plinth for additional air conditioning units Core holes for services
- Internal drainage works for new cafe
- Remedial works to other external drains
- Re-cover failed flat roof approx 160m2